[Scilab-users] xpoly in x-y-z coordinates

P M p.muehlmann at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 21:28:37 CET 2021

Hi Samuel,

please see my answers below in blue.

Thank you,
Philipp

Am Mi., 17. Feb. 2021 um 13:09 Uhr schrieb Samuel Gougeon <sgougeon at free.fr
>:

> Hello Philipp,
>
> Le 08/02/2021 à 21:36, P M a écrit :
> > Dear Users,
> >
> > I have a 3D-plot.
> >
> > Onto that, I would like to add a xpoly-line with the following specs:
> >
> > xpoly ( [0 1], [0 0], [-0.4 -0.4], 'lines' 0)
> >
> > in other words: The polyline should be at the X-Y Plane, but shifted
> > to Z = -0.4
> >
> > I know that I can just plot the line, but that would destroy the
> > layout, which I would have to reconfigure.
>

> *What do you mean? That you don't want gca().data_bounds being updated?*

Consider a 3D-plot with following settings:
- view is rotated other than it's standard view.
- box is "off"
- axes are "off"
- labels are "off"

I found that adding afterwards a new line with plot3D8X,Y,Z) would
- rotate everything back into standard view
- switch box "on" again
- switch axes "on" again
- switch labels "on" again

So I would have to reconfigure the 3D-plot appearance .

Using xpoly, xarrow, xsegs allowes to just add a line, while the original
plot appearance does not change.
This is very comfortable.

> > Similary to that I also would like xstring-Text in such a manner.
>

> *xstring(x, y, text) gce().data(3) = z_coordinate;*
>
> *works.*

--> Thank you, I was not aware of that.
Since xstring has only X-Y as input I didn't check for gce().data(3)

> > Is something like this possible?....xpoly3D() ?
>

> *Isn't param3d() right for that?*

--> Yes, you are right. but still a :  gca().data_bounds    is necessary
afterwards.