[Scilab-users] Default grid color = grey? Increase the zoom factor (per wheel step)?

Claus Futtrup cfuttrup at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 07:02:17 CET 2021

Hi Scilabers and Samuel

I normally don't have good luck with zoom or rotate functions, so I
don't use this feature, but I also rarely am plotting in 3D - and in
classic 2D I just continue until I have the right plot size (no need to
zoom).

P.S. For grid color, it's OK to keep it black and avoid trouble with
colormaps.

P.P.S. Regarding the size of the plot window (figure.size), it's
standard [626,587] and I find it a bit small. Maybe it's a good size if
your screen is 1024 x 768 (?), but I think most computers these days are
with 1366 x 768 or larger screens (mine is 1920 x 1080 on a 14 inch
screen). We should avoid the plot window to be too big for anybody (that
would be frustrating), but could the plot be rescaled depending on
screen resolution? I find myself typically increasing figure.size by 50%.

Best regards,
Claus