[Scilab-users] Default grid color = grey? Increase the zoom factor (per wheel step)?

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Sat Feb 13 00:14:07 CET 2021

Dear all,

*1)*
After
http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-Default-x-y-z-labels-and-title-font-size-2-tp4041291p4041297.html
:

Le 02/02/2021 à 17:02, Claus Futtrup a écrit :
> .../...
> You mention grid. I always do xgrid(color("grey70"));

So do i.

> ... is this default now, to have the grid a bit greyed?

The issue with a non black or white color is that, if the current
colormap does not have it, then the color is automatically appended to
the colormap.
With the current colormap implementation as a figure's property, this
may have some side effects for plotting functions like grayplot() whose
rendering in "scaled" mode spans the whole colormap, including the
appended gray that we do not wish to include in the plot rendering...

This is why carefully tuning the default grid style /density/ was
required, as discussed in the description of the report #15421
<http://bugzilla.scilab.org/15421>, implemented in Scilab 6.0.2 (so even
before 6.1.0).

*2)* Too small zoom factor
On any graphic, zooming by a factor 2 (in size) requires 11 wheel steps!
To me, this is too slow. In another similar software, /each/ wheel step
increases the scale by the same factor 2.
This is likely too much, but don't you think we could increase a bit the
Scilab zoom factor?

Hope reading you soon.

Regards
Samuel