[Scilab-users] Triple integral (int3d) query

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Fri Jan 1 13:14:56 CET 2021

Hello Lester,

Le 01/01/2021 à 09:16, arctica1963 a écrit :
> Hello all,
>
> I have worked out a simpler input for 2D integration with a function that
> calls int2d:
>
> function [Integral, error]=Integral_2d(xmin,xmax,ymin,ymax,f)
>      X=[xmin xmax xmax; xmin xmax xmin]'
>      Y=[ymin ymin ymax; ymin ymax ymax]'
>      [Integral, error]=int2d(X,Y,f)
> endfunction
>
> This simplifies the issue for triangulation and only needs the x, y limits
> and function to integrate; tested with the int2d example and works fine.
>
> Is it feasible to use the same methodology for int3d - triple integral - for
> defining the tetrahedron vertices? Really all one wants to do is enter the
> limits of x, y and z, with a function f(x,y,z).
>
> Any suggestions would be welcome

With Scilab *6.0.2* you can install the CGLAB toolbox
*atomsInstall("cglab")*. Then its *delaunay_3()* function will yield
tetrahedrons required by int3d(). An intermediate step might be required
to specify tetrahedrons in the way that int3d() expects.

Best wishes and Happy New Year 2021 to you, and to all Scilab users!

Samuel