[Scilab-users] Segfault with inv, det...

Jean-Yves Baudais Jean-Yves.Baudais at insa-rennes.fr
Wed Jan 27 12:42:04 CET 2021

Hello,

   I'm still working on scilab-5.5.2 (I will update my Ubuntu but I
would like to wait a bit. It's not a good time for me!).

--> det(zeros(10,10))

produces Segmentation fault. There is no problem with lower matrix size,
and there is no problem at all if I use "scilab -nwni" and higher matrix
sizes.

"scilab -debug" gives

Thread 1 "scilab-bin" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Switching to Thread 0x7ffff7f9f780 (LWP 14031)]
0x00007fffe8c9a343 in dgetrf_parallel () from /usr/lib/libopenblas.so.0

before stopping, but I don't know if it is relevant because there is not
problem with "scilab -nwni"!

Is there a simple way to solve this segfault, still using scilab-5.5.2?

Many thanks,

--Jean-Yves