[Scilab-users] Segfault with inv, det...

Jean-Yves Baudais Jean-Yves.Baudais at insa-rennes.fr
Thu Jan 28 16:04:40 CET 2021

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Antoine Monmayrant" <antoine.monmayrant at laas.fr>
>> produces Segmentation fault.
> Ouch, that's bad.

"I don't you make it to tell" (sorry, it's franglais)

> So it only occurs for a specific size of 10x10 and with java graphical
> interface enabled?

No, that appends for all size equal or more than 10x10. There is not problem with lower size.

> (1) Can you split your code into one part that does the heavy-lifting
> (ran using "scilab -nwni") and another part that does the gui interface
> (plots, uicontrols ..., ran using "scilab") ?

Yes I can do that using save and load, but my code is not finish and to debug it I overuse plot...

> (2) Can you install a newer scilab version? Which ubuntu are you using?

Hum... 16.04. I know, I have to update. About Scilab, I also used 6.1 but not on my computer. (One day I should "rationalize" my numerical tools.) I wonder if the segfault comes from multiple CPU use, but I don't know how to check that.

Thanks,

--Jean-Yves