[Scilab-users] fullpath * crashes 6.1.1

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Fri Jul 23 18:54:59 CEST 2021

> Le 10/07/2021 à 16:11, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :
>> Hello Federico,
>>
>> I confirm this issue. It appeared in Scilab 6.1.0 and  occurs only
>> when pwd() and the filename are on the same disk.
>> It comes from a change of behavior of mopen(), and so may occurs for
>> many other functions using mopen().
>>
>> Regards
>> Samuel
>

> fullpath() -- that was changed in january 2020 -- is the final guilty:
>
> --> pwd
>  ans  =
>   "D:\Softs"
>
> --> fullpath("D:\test.wav")
>  ans  =
>   "D:\Softs\test.wav"

unlike Scilab 6.1.0, Scilab 6.1.1 on Windows crashes with

*fullpath("SCI\modules\core\macros\*.sci")*

The crash occurs only a) when the path exists, AND b) * is used in the
filename.

It was still not the case with the dev branch of 2021-07-07, that is the
last build available for windows, 7 days before fullpath was fixed for
the hereabove issue.

This noticeably kills uman(), at least its refresh "r" option that is
also run automatically at initialization and every change of the local
ATOMS list.

And i guess many other codes.

Samuel