[Scilab-users] fullpath * crashes 6.1.1

Stéphane Mottelet stephane.mottelet at utc.fr
Fri Jul 23 21:45:43 CEST 2021

Hi,

It seems specific to Windows (the following test is done on macOS) :

--> fullpath("SCI\modules\core\macros\*.sci")
  ans  =

"/Applications/scilab-6.1.1.app/Contents/share/scilab/modules/core/macros/*.sci"

Really weird, since now we have exactly the same code for Windows and
others.

S.

> Hello,
>
> Le 10/07/2021 à 23:37, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :
>> Le 10/07/2021 à 16:11, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :
>>> Hello Federico,
>>>
>>> I confirm this issue. It appeared in Scilab 6.1.0 and  occurs only
>>> when pwd() and the filename are on the same disk.
>>> It comes from a change of behavior of mopen(), and so may occurs for
>>> many other functions using mopen().
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Samuel
>>

>> fullpath() -- that was changed in january 2020 -- is the final guilty:
>>
>> --> pwd
>>  ans  =
>>   "D:\Softs"
>>
>> --> fullpath("D:\test.wav")
>>  ans  =
>>   "D:\Softs\test.wav"
>

> unlike Scilab 6.1.0, Scilab 6.1.1 on Windows crashes with
>
> *fullpath("SCI\modules\core\macros\*.sci")*
>
> The crash occurs only a) when the path exists, AND b) * is used in the
> filename.
>
> It was still not the case with the dev branch of 2021-07-07, that is
> the last build available for windows, 7 days before fullpath was fixed
> for the hereabove issue.
>
> This noticeably kills uman(), at least its refresh "r" option that is
> also run automatically at initialization and every change of the local
> ATOMS list.
>
> And i guess many other codes.
>
> Samuel

Stéphane Mottelet