[Scilab-users] Graphics: Highlighted Entity

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Tue Jun 7 21:18:31 CEST 2022

Le 07/06/2022 à 11:08, CRETE Denis a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> In several occasions, I considered that it would be useful to get a
> handle on a highlighted entity.
>
> Does a function which might be called “get_hilited_entity” exist ? I
> did not find either in the properties of basic entities like
> “Polyline” something related to the highlighted state of a polyline…

It depends on what /highlighted/ means to you. There is the Scilab's
meaning -- as the current axes or figure are the default targets for
forthcoming plots -- ; and the java meaning -- as the elements that have
the java focus, as when we click on a figure, or in an axes, on a curve,
etc. Both meanings do not match:

  * just clicking an an axes does not make it as the new default target
    for plotting
  * making a figure or axes the active ones for Scilab does not move and
    put the mouse's pointer on them.

For the Scilab meaning, gce() is made for your request.

twinkle() helps a lot to visually identify the current active entity gce().

Regards