[Scilab-users] org.scilab.modules.jvm.LibraryPath reporting bug?

Jean-Yves Baudais Jean-Yves.Baudais at insa-rennes.fr
Wed Sep 14 08:42:02 CEST 2022

Hello,

I get the following message when I execute Scilab (in the shell window)

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.scilab.modules.jvm.LibraryPath
(file:/usr/share/scilab/modules/jvm/jar/org.scilab.modules.jvm.jar) to
method java.lang.ClassLoader.initLibraryPaths()
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of
org.scilab.modules.jvm.LibraryPath
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal
reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

And when I try to open the Edit/Preferences window I get the message (in
the shell window)

ERROR:  'Impossible de compiler la feuille de style'

with a long message that finishes with

	at
org.scilab.modules.preferences.XCommonManager.generateViewDOM(Unknown
Source)
	at org.scilab.modules.preferences.XCommonManager.refreshDisplay(Unknown
Source)
	at org.scilab.modules.preferences.XConfigManager.displayAndWait(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.scilab.modules.preferences.XConfigManager.openPreferences(Unknown
Source)
	... 43 more

and nothing appends, the Edit/Preferences window is not opened. (I don't
know if there is a link between the WARNING message and the ERROR one!)

What can I do?

Thanks,

Jean-Yves