[Scilab-users] org.scilab.modules.jvm.LibraryPath reporting bug?

Stéphane Mottelet stephane.mottelet at utc.fr
Wed Sep 14 09:09:10 CEST 2022

Hello Jean-Yves,

I suppose you just updated your Ubuntu dist to 22.04 and have the
following configuration:

Scilab 6.1.1.988271013
Linux 5.15.0-47-generic
Java 11.0.16
OpenJDK Runtime Environment build 11.0.16+8-post-Ubuntu-0ubuntu122.04
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM build 11.0.16+8-post-Ubuntu-0ubuntu122.04,
mixed mode, sharing

Scilab needs a Java 8 runtime. So, the first step should be to install
OpenJDK8, however, you should use the official Scilab build (containing
all dependencies, Java 8 runtime, ...) provided as a tar.gz archive:

wget https://www.scilab.org/download/6.1.1/scilab-6.1.1_x64.exe
tar xvf scilab-6.1.1_x64.exe
cd scilab-6.1.0
./bin/scilab