[Scilab-Dev] how are we supposed to svn checkout thirdparty?

Enrico Segre enrico.segre at weizmann.ac.il
Mon Jan 14 10:56:09 CET 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 08:37 +0100, Pierre MARECHAL wrote:
> Enrico Segre a écrit :
> > http://viewvc.scilab.org/bin/cgi/viewvc.cgi/trunk/Dev-Tools/ now requires authorization,
> This part of ViewVC has always required authorization. But
> http://viewvc.scilab.org/bin/cgi/viewvc.cgi/trunk/Dev-Tools/SE/Prerequirements
> can be browsed without any authorization.

and how do you think that one is supposed to find it?

> >  the nightly build tgz is overbloated including the whole jdk,
> Which version are you talking about ? The trunk nightly builds only
> seems to include the JRE (located in scilab-SE-trunk-<rev>/thirdparty/java)

whatever - don't you find that there is something sick in having to
download 129MB just because rosetta changed name?

> > and the instructions for anonymous svn checkout of the relevant section disappeared from the site.
> >
> http://wiki.scilab.org/Compiling_Scilab_5.x_under_GNU-Linux_Unix_-_FAQ :

and what about
http://www.scilab.org/download/index_download.php?page=SVN

> Some packages are missing when I compile Scilab console module. Where
> can I find them ?
>
> All needed packages to compile Scilab under Linux can be found in Scilab
> SVN pre-requirements directory:
> [$SHELL] mkdir Prerequirements
> [$SHELL] cd Prerequirements
> [$SHELL] svn co --username anonymous --password Scilab
> svn://svn.scilab.org/scilab/trunk/Dev-Tools/SE/Prerequirements/Linux/

what "Prerequirements"? jre, ant, jogl, ... can be more conveniently
installed with yum, at least with my distro. I'm talking of
SCI/thirdparty/. I had is svn-tagged on another installation, I just
don't see why I should make so many efforts for reproducing it
elsewhere.

Enrico