[Scilab-Dev] demande

Simone Mannori Simone.Mannori at inria.fr
Wed Jan 30 08:16:26 CET 2008

Dear Raymundo,

There is a recurring problem using Scilab/Scicos for engineering
applications: the identification of systems parameters.

One of the difficulties of the models used in SimPower is the
mathematical/physical modeling used in the block. The Italian electrical
engineers (and the industries that make motors and generators) use
slightly different model from the Simulink one.

Unfortunately there is not 1:1 correspondence between them. Usually, we
prefer build the model from scratch using elementary blocks.

If you are interested to develop a power system toolbox for Scicos you
are very welcome :) Scicos-PST ?

We are working in close contact with Microchip for Scicos-FLEX.
Microchip have several product lines for power system applications and
they have expressed their interest to extend FLEX to motor control.

Another interesting point is the modeling of the power section (MOSFET
or IGBT bridge) using Modelica. This kind of simulation could be
extremely useful because you can study the behavior of the power section
under stress (e.g. when you have a short circuits between phases or very
long connection cables).

I suppose that you are aware of the interaction between the control
strategy and the EMC issues. In Europe the EMC is a pass/fail strict
law.

If you are interested in this field - as I am - we can start a
productive collaboration.

Thanks again for using Scilab/Scicos :)

Simone Mannori - Scilab/Scicos Embedded Applications Eng.

P.S. May I join - of just see - your video conference ?