[Scilab-Dev] demande

Simone Mannori Simone.Mannori at inria.fr
Thu Jan 31 06:34:26 CET 2008

Bonjour Raymundo,

> In 1 month I will start my postgrade in Brazil and I am going to use SCILAB for modeling power system.
> As a result, I will make the "SCICOS-PST".

Very good :)

> Meanwhile, I almost finished a model of a SVPWM, SPWM.Park, Clarke
> transform and THD.

OK.

> The video conference finished today. But I can organize another one in
> February, where you can participate, even as an expositor. The main
> problem is that if you speak Spanish.

Not yet :(. (English, French, Italian).

Back to our core business Scicos-PST.

For the moment you can develop using the latest Scilab 4.1.2 but, before
start to develop a serious toolbox we need to to sure that it will be
compatible with the next Scilab 5.0 in the form and in the substance.

SUBSTANCE
A good starting point is to discuss the application field. I'm
understanding that you are working on electrical motor drive. In this
field ( ops :) ) motor's modeling is the most critical point.
Define a pretty theoretical model could be a good idea for a paper, but
the real challenge is to define a model sufficiently close to reality
for the applications with parameters easy to extract from real world,
clearly defined, measurements. "Simple, but not simpler".
>From this point of view I'm not sure that the Simulink approach is the
best one.
Anyway, if you have positive experience on that, we can use a dual/mode
Scicos model or two different blocks with the same layout but with
different computational functions.

FORM:
It is up to you decide the modality of development, distribution and
licensing of you toolbox.
If you will join the community of Scilab/Scicos developers you will have
more options and opportunities respect to the isolate individual.
Feel be free to directly contact Sylvestre Ledru (he is in CC) for any
question about joining the community.

Best Regards

   Simone Mannori - Scilab/Scicos Embedded Applications Eng.