[Scilab-Dev] Scilab-5 and rendering a plot under linux

Simone Mannori Simone.Mannori at inria.fr
Sat Mar 8 08:35:35 CET 2008

Bonjour,

thanks for the"debug" files :).

For the moment, only NVDIA users can benefit of the hardware
acceleration :(

If you need just to "plot" some functions the MESA software emulation
will suffice.

Other applications, like Scicos, need a more "quick" graphics.

Probably the bug is cached somewhere DRI OpenGL driver and JOGL low
level routine. These two "things" are not part of Scilab 5 developed
code.

We are in direct contact with ATI and JOGL developers and we are looking
for a solution for the Linux NON-NVIDIA users.

Under Windows, all (and I say ALL) the 3D cards that I tested are
correctly working:
- NVIDIA
- ATI
- intel
- SIS

Unfortunately, under Linux, only NVIDIA has produced a DRI driver with
the quality level required by JOGL.

Thanks again for you collaboration: probably I will open a Wiki page
here

http://wiki.scilab.org/

to give some support to the "unfortunate" Linux users (like myself :( ).

  M. Simone Mannori - Scilab/Scicos Embedded Applications Eng.