[Scilab-Dev] Migrating To Visual Studio 2008 on Windows

Pierre MARECHAL pierre.marechal at inria.fr
Thu Mar 20 16:34:45 CET 2008

Hi François,

The help building is again available and you can build it by 2 ways :
    - The BuildHelp solution (as before)
    - The scilab command : -->xmltojar();

Remark : it's quite long ( 10/15 minutes )

For the time being, the "jar" tool (included in the JDK) is needed in
your path.

Pierre

François Vogel a écrit :
> Moreover, how can I now build the help system under VS2008?
>
> Previously I was used to build the BuildHelp solution as a separate
> project but it doesn't seem to work with VS2008, or is it the new
> java-stuff that fails?
>
> 1>------ Build started: Project: BuildHelp, Configuration: Debug Win32
> ------
> 1>Performing Makefile project actions
> 1>Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.21022.08
> 1>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
> 1>^C
> 1>Building the scilab manual master document
> 1>Terminer le programme de commandes (O/N) ?
> 1>Build log was saved at gnagnagnagnagna
> 1>BuildHelp - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
>

> Note ^C in the middle. If I don't it seems to wait for my input forever.
>

> F.
Pierre MARECHAL
INRIA - Centre de Recherche de Paris - Rocquencourt
Domaine de Voluceau - B.P. 105
78153 Le Chesnay Cedex
Equipe-Projet Scilab
Bâtiment 1B - Bureau 008