Compilation problem on vista

Barry Cardiff barry.cardiff at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 20:08:29 CEST 2008

Hi all,
I recently tried to compile Scilab on my Vista machine and it failed.
The problem was caused by a 'realloc' problem in the f2c.exe program used to
convert some Fortran source to C. It only failed on certain Fortran files so
the build was partially complete.

To fix the problem I downloaded a version of f2c.exe from:
http://netlib.sandia.gov/master/index.html

(untar the tar ball and you'll find the source plus a prebuilt .exe in one
of the sub directories - I used the prebuilt version).

I copied the f2c.exe over the one in the scilab/bin directory and then after
a "clean solution" and a "build solution" in MS visual studio express
edition all is good.

Hope this is helpful to someone else.

Barry.