[Scilab-Dev] Re: Re: Leaving SVN to GIT

Barry Cardiff barry.cardiff at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 17:38:33 CEST 2008

Hi,
I agree fully with Jonathan here.

Sylvestre pointed out a problem with the current work flow, i.e. that of
keeping a development Branch up to date with ongoing fixes in the trunk -
this I agree is a pain and I'm not envious of the configuration managers
job.

But (and its a big but) you stopped short of saying how git will solve this
- all you said was "We intend to address this kind of issue".
As far as I can see if you want the development branch to contain recent bug
fixes then someone somewhere is going to have the pain of merging them in
and the choice of version control tool won't change this - you'll still have
this problem.

Maybe I'm missing the point here....

Barry