[Scilab-Dev] How to make SciLab aware of a module at startup ?

Collette Yann ycollet at freesurf.fr
Sat May 30 20:51:55 CEST 2009

Vincent Lejeune a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I used the toolbox_skeleton to make my toolbox until now, but I would
> like to integrate it into my current SciLab installation.
> I used the build and loader scripts shipped inside the
> toolbox_skeleton, but they are not summoned at scilab startup, I must
> "exec" them manually.
> I put my toolbox in my "module" directory, but I think I must tell
> somehow SciLab to seek for loading script at startup inside the
> directory tree of my toolbox somehow. I dont know how to do this, as
> it seems that the process described here :
> http://wiki.scilab.org/Scilab_Module_Architecture
> need to re-compile SciLab to enable the module...
> At the installation process, it's possible to select which module the
> enduser wants to install, without any recompilation on the fly, so
> there must be a not hardcoded way to make my toolbox recognisable by
> SciLab...
>
> Thank, Vincent.
What about adding your commands (exec loader.sce) in a file scilab.ini
in SCIHOME ?
This file (scilab.ini) is detected at startup. If it is found, the it is
executed.

You can also add your toolbox in the contrib directory:

In SCI/contrib, scilab.start tries to find loader.sce and if it finds
it, it launches it.
So, add the commands necessary to launch your modules in this loader.

SCI = SCILAB_INSTALL_DIR/share/scilab/

YC