[Scilab-Dev] Oh scilab!what a beaut you are you are if only you'd build without the war

bv bvl at btconnect.com
Fri Oct 29 11:47:08 CEST 2010

On Friday 29 October 2010 05:58:23 Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> Le vendredi 29 octobre 2010 à 03:28 +0100, bv a écrit :
> > Greetings,
> >

> > I   am atempting  to compile scilab-5.2.2 on  a machine with these:-
> > ---cpu-amd64 2 cores
> > ---o/s CBLFS linux (64-bit only) compiled from sources kernel-2.6.32
> > ---numerical progs: atlas3.9.26,lapack-3.2.2 and umfpack~co
> >

> > I have  umfpack and co in /usr/local/numerics
> > rt [ ~ ]# ls /usr/local/numerics/lib
> > libamd.a  libcamd.a     libcerbla.a   libcolamd.a   libcxsparse.a
> > libldl.a libumfpack.a
> > libbtf.a  libccolamd.a  libcholmod.a  libcsparse.a  libklu.a
> > libspqr.a rt [ ~ ]#
>
> Usually, Scilab is expecting some dynamic libraries to build correctly.
> [...]

....ehm here is the home of SuiteSparse
http://www.cise.ufl.edu/research/sparse/SuiteSparse/

and as far as I know  all its components  are built using the UFconfig utility
AND static libs are  the default.
If anyone on list knows  how to  to hack UFconfig or use say cmake to generate
shared libs  for the SuiteSparse components
please let me know.