[Scilab-Dev] Q/A about features

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Thu Feb 23 21:58:03 CET 2017

Le 23/02/2017 à 20:20, Amanda Osvaldo a écrit :
> * Interaction with users
>
> No, much more simple XD
>
> It is possible to put a form for the user to send some evaluation.
>
> For example, we could put a form on the help menu asking what it
> considers to be a priority in the next updates.
>
> Something like this image:
> http://argouml-stats.tigris.org/documentation/manual-0.34/images/reference/menu_design_issues.png

Technically, Bugzilla is ready and could already allow to vote for any
bug fix or wish implementation.
But this feature is currently disabled.

> * % keyword as comment:
> It's not for a perfect match, it's just to keep more simple the process.

Improving the m2sci converter is a matter for the sub-community of
former matlabers.
There is no reason to spend some time to change the language only for a
part of the users,
and sometimes for worse or bad features.

> ** Pool of formulas*
> Not all formulas are easy, exists formulas with more than 2 pages that
> has been written by many persons.
> And when the update is ready, it is necessary to compare with the
> previous version and manually write the update or even the entire macro.
>
> Teams can be made from people from social and biological sciences that
> don't know to implement.
> Or even the team may not have access to additional macros to test the
> formula for security and intellectual property reasons.
>
> In both cases, automate the running and test process is necessary to
> reduce the human work.
>
> MathML is a XML stantard.
> You can write in Libre Office Math
> (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjpe7a52s18)
> and the SciLAB's XML macro can convert the XML to code

Again, definitely not. It aims only to parse XML to build a DOM and
things like this.
In no way it is built to interpret a literal formula and convert it into
some executable code.
You may also have a look at prettyprint(). It works only one way (the
easiest one),
has no reciprocal, and deals only with a limited subset of regular data
types
(not functions or formulae).

Samuel