[Scilab-Dev] Filter out fake ATOMS modules and forges

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Thu Feb 23 22:34:00 CET 2017

Le 22/02/2017 à 21:50, Amanda Osvaldo a écrit :

> ** File old and blank forges:*
>
> Would not it be better to file the Atoms that do not work or are
> simply blank?
>
> It's frustrating ... and a waste of time ... finding a module that is
> just what I need and seeing that it has nothing. :P
>
> https://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/python/source/help/

Definitely.
/uman/ somewhat does it: http://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/uman
It was planned that ATOMS modules in the /Tests/ category should not
appear in the list.
But in the Scilab 6 ATOMS client, they still appear.
IMO, for ATOMS's manager, a configuration option shall be added to not
show Test modules,
and be set to "on" by default (cancel Tests). But it must remain
possible to display them,
in order to actually make tests ;)

Otherwise, authors should be careful about their own modules, their
categories, their update or deprecation, and not creating duplicates
instead of creating new versions.

SG