[Scilab-Dev] Change URLs in Scilab documentation

Jim Monte jim_monte at live.com
Sat Jul 28 06:02:48 CEST 2018

Hi All,

I was looking for a place to put this suggestion and hopefully have found
one that is not too far off. When I search for a Scilab topic, I almost
invariably find that the top links are to outdated documentation. For
example, instead of getting a link to
https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.1/en_US/fscanfMat.html, Google's top links
are to versions 5.3.0 and 6.0.0 when searching for fscanfMat. To help the
search engines out, why not put something like "current" where 6.0.1 is in
the above URL, https://help.scilab.org/docs/current/en_US/fscanfMat.html?
Then when a new version is released, rename the link to
https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.1/en_US/fscanfMat.html
and have the latest documentation for fscanfMat always at
https://help.scilab.org/docs/current/en_US/fscanfMat.html.

Jim Monte