[Scilab-Dev] tests: <-- ENGLISH IMPOSED --> removed and gettext() added: why?

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Fri Jun 14 00:38:14 CEST 2019

Hello Clément,

Le 13/06/2019 à 15:02, Clément David a écrit :
> Hello Samuel,
>
> There should be no real difference, having ENGLISH IMPOSED might have subtle bugs related to the
> system locales whereas using gettext() will rely on an extra Scilab function call (so will be less a
> "unit test").
>
> IMHO commits having only this kind of diff is useless; there should be something else, could you
> point us the related code-review ?

Both cases i had in mind were not commited just for this. But this
change was made in addition before merging.
Here is one case :

https://codereview.scilab.org/#/c/20723/6..7

There was another one around the 6.0.2 release, but i failed refinding it.

I agree about the extra function call. But as i wrote before, i got
aware that using gettext() rather than ENGLISH IMPOSED is more robust
for (rare but possible) cases having a translation even for en_US.

Regards
Samuel