Error message at startup

Kristin Edvardsen khedvardsen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 08:37:08 CEST 2008

Hi.
Can someone please help me with this start-up message that I get during
startup of  scilab in Linux.

Startup execution:
 !--error 241
File /tmp/SD_21222_/mkdir.err does not exist or read access denied
at line      83 of function mkdir called by :
line   109 of function initial_scicos_tables called by :
neVector ] = initial_scicos_tables(
line   175 of exec file called by :
exec('SCI/scilab.star',-1);;
It seems that the execution of scilab.star has failed.

After getting this error-message I can writing for example "help plot" does
not work any longer:
>help plot
 !--error 999
mopen:  Could not open the file!
at line       3 of function rescan_helps called by :
line    17 of function sciGUIhelp called by :
line    25 of function run_help called by :
line    20 of function browsehelp called by :
line    25 of function help called by :
help plot

Thank you,
Kristin Edvardsen