[scilab-Users] Add chapters to Scilab help system

Eric Dubois grocer.toolbox at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 10:51:49 CET 2009

Hi

There are indeed big differences between the 4.1.2 and the 5.2.0.

The greatest is that help files must now be written in the XML langage and
strictly comply with Scilab specifications.

When your help files comply with Scilab specifications that you have to run
xml2jar('avaHelp',helps_dirs,helps_titles)

And once it has been done, you must run:
add_help_chapter(your title','helps_dir',%f);

To understand how it works, you can for instance have a look at Torbjørn
Pettersen <top at tpett.com> toolbox guimaker
(1.2)<http://www.scilab.org/contrib/index_contrib.php?page=displayContribution&fileID=1200>(
http://www.scilab.org/contrib/index_contrib.php?page=listdyn&order=date).

If it can help, I have written a Scilab function html2xml.sci to translate
my help files. Altough it is only suited to my needs, I think it could be
adapted to your needs relatively easily. I join also a html file and its xml
version to help you understand how it works. If you need more examples, you
can download on my web site (http://dubois.ensae.net/grocer.html) the
version of my toolbox for Siclab-4.1.2 and the one for Scilab-5.> and
compare the html and xml files resulting from this translation.

Hope it will help.

Eric.