[scilab-Users] Scilab 5 under Solaris 10

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Thu Oct 15 10:19:45 CEST 2009

> > > It does.

> > > it says :
> > >
> > > couldn't set locale correctly
> > >
> > > and starts in english
> > OK, that means you haven't probably build the locale on your
> > computer. I am not familiar enough with Solaris but under
> > Debian/Ubuntu, it is dpkg-reconfigure locales
> >
> > (but I agree that it should not crash anyway)
>
> OK, after proper locale installation on the system, it doesn't crash anymore. But the software is still in english!
does "make localization" returns any errors ?

> I guess localization isn't finished yet. Only part of the help was in french.
The french localization (among others) is close to 100 % and the help
system is not at all the same as the localization of the application
itself. It is probably a problem with the gettext library under Solaris
which fails.

> By the way, I still have tiny, ugly, unreadable font for the help. I posted about that a while ago but didn't get any answer. Isn't there something that can be done about that?
Sorry about that. We are receiving tonne of emails and we can miss some
of them. Could you report a bug (with screenshots, configuration, os) ?
It is the best way to have your problem processed.

Thanks
Sylvestre

--
Sylvestre Ledru