[Scilab-Users]pvm with scilab 4.1.2

Alfredo Jaramillo ajaramillopalma at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 23:54:24 CEST 2009

Hi, I'm trying to make some parallel computing with scilab, I have an Intel
Core Duo machine. For this, I open 2 sessions of scilab ans execute the
pvm_start, pvm_send, pvm_recv commands in the following way:

session1:

-->pvm_start()
Warning: PVM_ROOT is set to C:\ARCHIV~1\SCILAB~1.2\pvm3
        but there exists no configuration file:
        C:\Documents and Settings\Lobo Estepario/.pvmd.conf
The standard configuration file $SCI/.pvmd.conf will be used.
        With SCI=C:/ARCHIV~1/SCILAB~1.2
        SCI will have to be set on remote hosts
        in order to spawn scilab
 ans  =

  - 28.

-->me=pvm_mytid()
 me  =

    262149

session2:

Startup execution:

-->pvm_start
Warning: PVM_ROOT is set to C:\ARCHIV~1\SCILAB~1.2\pvm3
        but there exists no configuration file:
        C:\Documents and Settings\Lobo Estepario/.pvmd.conf
The standard configuration file $SCI/.pvmd.conf will be used.
        With SCI=C:/ARCHIV~1/SCILAB~1.2
        SCI will have to be set on remote hosts
        in order to spawn scilab
 ans  =

  - 28.

-->me=pvm_mytid()
 me  =

    262150

session 1:

-->m=rand(3,3);

-->pvm_send(m,262150,1)
                     !--error 999
pvm_send: first argument should be a row vector

-->help();

-->pvm_send(262150,m,1)
 ans  =

    0.

session2:

-->[m,info]=pvm_recv(262149,1)
 info  =

    0.

-->m
  !--error 4
undefined variable : m

I suppose that the correct result of this is that m in the session2 recieve
the values of the matrix created on session1, but it is not... can you help
me please?,

tanks in advance

Saludos

Alfredo Jaramillo Palma