[scilab-Users] how to remove

Antoine Monmayrant antoine.monmayrant at laas.fr
Fri Aug 27 08:24:02 CEST 2010

ray joseph a écrit :
> Antoine,
>
> There is nothing wrong with your solution.  It was very instructive as to
> the function you were using especially for those of use with legacy
> experience.
>
> I would like to become more adept at efficiently using the tools of the
> language.  Sometimes, it might be useful to present a looping solution and
> then (in the same post or someone else's post) show a vectorize solution to
> help the community get used to vector methods.

I agree with you that vectorized versions are both faster and more
difficult to read and understand.
In the present case, I don't think there is much difference in execution
time as I usually don't have hundreds of windows to close.
I think I'll try to rewrite my function so it can close a given range of
windows or 'all', a bit like the Matlab 'close'.