[scilab-Users] Question about max. vector length and scilab limits

michael.baudin at scilab.org michael.baudin at scilab.org
Mon Dec 6 22:18:56 CET 2010

 Hi,

 Indeed, executing this file make Scilab fail:

 -->exec gdt_scratch2.m;
  !--error 113
 Too large string.
 at line       0 of exec file called by :
 exec gdt_scratch2.m;

 which is not completely surprising, given that all the data is on one
 single line. Hence, there is a limit about the number of characters that
 exec can process on a single line.

 But the following script works :

 t = mgetl("gdt_scratch2.m");
 n = length(t);
 m = evstr(part(t,15:n));

 The "15" is to skip the "iVector      = " at the begining of the file.

 Best regards,

 Michaël Baudin