Scilab API Create/Read Structure

Guillaume Jacquenot guillaume.jacquenot at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 11:07:28 CEST 2010

Dear Scilab users

Is-it possible to handle Scilab structures with the Scilab API, ie read a
Scilab structure in a C code, or write a Scilab structure from a C code?
In Scilab API help, there is no function that proposes to do this. Or I have
not found the right one...

For example, I would like to read in C the structure Scilab SC
SC(1).x=[1];
SC(1).y=[1 3];
SC(2).x=[1 2 10];
SC(2).y=[1 6 98 35 14];

To be more precise, I am trying to convert a MatLab mex program to Scilab
with arguments given as structure. I am looking for the Scilab-C equivalent
mxGetFieldNumber
mxCreateStructArray
mxSetFieldByNumber

By the way, I just discover the function ilib_mex_build, that is based on
mexlib.c.
Does this work for any Matab mex code?
Is this solution reliable?
Is this solution recommended to convert Matab mex code to Scilab?

Best regards

Guillaume