[scilab-Users] Re: ejecutable de scilab

Mike Page Mike at Page-One.Waitrose.com
Fri Jun 24 11:23:06 CEST 2011

Hi Adrien,

In this case, I had to integrate some code I had written in Scilab with some
other code I had written in C.  It was just a quick way to achieve a final
executable program.  I was not so interested in speed for that particular
application.  You are right that SendScilabJob still uses the interpreter,
so it does not gain all the advantages of compiled code, but it does achieve
the objective of making an executable file.  But when I think more about
this, maybe it is not a good solution for this particular question.

Thanks for your comments - always useful.
Mike.

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Adrien Vogt-Schilb [mailto:vogt at centre-cired.fr]
  Sent: 24 June 2011 09:50
  To: users at lists.scilab.org
  Subject: Re: [scilab-Users] Re: ejecutable de scilab

  Hi Mike,

  I thought that the purpose of compiling scilab code was to speed up the
resolution and also maybe to be able to have a standalone program, that does
not need scilab to be installed.

  So i am curious: what is the purpose of sending code from a C program to
Scilab?
  What the advantages over, saving a sript in a text file and asking
directly scilab to execute it via a simple command line for instance?

  Does it speed up calculations?

  I ask because I use a lot of programs for my research myself, and i am
interested in anything for automating scilab computations for instance