[scilab-Users] qpsolve doesn't honor upper bounds

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab-enterprises.com
Wed Jun 27 10:54:54 CEST 2012

On 27/06/2012 01:10, Juan Manuel Truppia wrote:
> The translation from qpsolve to qp_solve is not being done correctly
> In line 13 of qpsolve function, the eye has to be -eye, because qp_solve
> uses > constraints and we want < constraints for the upper bounds
> It should work ok after that change.
>
> is there any way to contribute this change?
Of course

> Should I first create a bug, then register in the Forge, and contribute
> the change there?
No need to use the forge.

You can do the following workflow:
1) report a bug on bugzilla
http://bugzilla.scilab.org/
Don't forget to provide the test case which shows the issue.

2) provide a patch which show the change (if you don't know how to do
it, just send the .sci or the source file).

I will write the non reg test for you.

For your information and if you want to go further, the complete
workflow is the following:
http://wiki.scilab.org/How%20to%20close%20a%20bug%20in%20Scilab

And you will find some information on how generate a patch from git here:
http://wiki.scilab.org/How%20to%20contribute%20to%20Scilab

Thanks for your interest in contributing to Scilab,
Sylvestre

--
Sylvestre Ledru