[Scilab-users] Scilab console, xwindows -- plotting kills console keyboard

Antoine Monmayrant antoine.monmayrant at laas.fr
Tue Aug 6 19:02:14 CEST 2013

His Steve,

I think you need to run a couple of tests to see where the problem comes
from.
Here is what I propose:

1) Write the smallest script that raises the issue: like a script with
just "scf()" or "plot()" then some other commands.
2) Try to run this script locally on the linux box to see if the problem
is still present. If not this means your problem is linked with the
remote use of scilab.
2bis) If the problem is due to the remote connection, try to run scilab
remotely from another linux box (to rule out cygwin as a possible cause).
3) Try to run remotely scilab -nw (to avoid the fancy console as you
call it). See if you script still causes an issue.
4) Try to run the last official version of scilab and also maybe the
last nightly build of the master branch to see if the issue is still there.
5) Report on your progress here and we'll try to see whether it's a
scilab bug, a debian bug or something else.

Antoine