[Scilab-users] Convert x, y, z data into a z=f(x,y) function

Larissa larikerstin at gmx.de
Tue Jun 25 09:52:14 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

I conducted an experiment and thus my results are composed ofx,y,z data,
whereas:
x= time (0-25days)
y= light intensity (9 different light intensities, ranging from 25 to 1000
µmol*m^-2*s^-1)
z= biomass increase acording to time and light intensity

I was able to generate a 3D graph out of this information (using both plot3d
and surf),
but I can't figure out how to get an equation "z=f(x,y)" out of it. It
should be possible
though, shouldn't it? If so, how?

I would be very very grateful if somebody could help me on that - I am very
new in Scilab and
I am nothing close to an engineer, so you can imagine that it is quite a
challenge for me...
'Till yesterday I was happy of being able to plot such nice graphs - now i
want MORE!!!;-P

Thanks a lot,
Larissa