[Scilab-users] can not create Scilab Java Main_Class after installation of SL 5.5.0.32 on windows 7

Claus Futtrup cfuttrup at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 13:53:27 CEST 2014

Hi there

Please reply on the list so others can help you. I'm just a private
person and far from an expert in Scilab.

>What do I have  to do for running Scilab in console mode ?
>I didn't find the executable ?

Are you on a Windows machine (which version?) ... or a Linux machine, or ??

Which version of Scilab have you installed?

I didn't advice you to start Scilab in console mode ... why do you want
to do that?
The Scilab GUI has 4 windows:

1. Left side = File browser
2. Middle = CONSOLE
3. Top right = Variable browser
4. Bottom right = Command History

As you can see, the CONSOLE is there, right in the middle of your GUI.
At least, this is the default setup for Scilab.

I'm not sure what went wrong with your installation, but one advice
would be to remove the installation, then re-download and re-install
(get Scilab 5.5.0).

If you're a very new beginner, consider reading a couple of tutorials,
for example Scilab for beginners (quite new) + Introduction to Scilab
(quite old), available here:
http://www.scilab.org/resources/documentation/tutorials

/Claus