[Scilab-users] clc() icon with additional functionality !!?

A Khorshidi akhorshidi at live.com
Sun Feb 2 10:05:01 CET 2014

Hi folk;

The addition of the clc() icon was a good idea but clearing console by using
clc() command is quicker than that icon.

So I decided to change the usage of that icon on my Scilab so that the
newer one can clear local and global variable as well as clearing console.

Here is my changes:

SCI>modules>gui>etc>main_toolbar.xml:

    <button icon="edit-clear"
tooltiptext="Clear All">

        <callback

                                        instruction="

                                                        clc();

                                                        clear();

                                                        clearglobal();

                                                        resethistory();

                                                        chdir()"

                                        type="0"/>

    </button>

After restarting Scilab, the new clc icon must can do all the above
tasks but it cannot clear local and global variables!

Actually, I think, the "instruction" attribute cannot perform
some scilab commands sush as : clear(), clearglobal(),..

However there are many instructions which work fine: clc(),
resethistory(), chdir(),..

So where is the problem?

Thanks in advance.
Be free and opensource! ;)