[Scilab-users] GROCER: ms_var throwing errors during estimation in case of a VAR

dnayak dnayak at ncsu.edu
Thu Mar 12 18:22:04 CET 2015

Hi Eric,

I did everything just the way you asked me to. I even got the message
'' --- new MSVAR_SerInit --- '', when I ran my estimation. However, I am
still getting the same error. But, it is in line 161 now, as you predicted.

!--error 144
Undefined operation for the given operands.
check or define function %s_4_s for overloading.
at line      44 of function %s_pow called by :
at line     161 of function MSVAR_SetInit called by :
at line     165 of function ms_estimate called by :
at line     306 of function ms_var called by :
r=ms_var('all',1,['l';'r'],nb_states,switch_var,var_opt,'prt=initial;final','opt_convg=0')

I attach here both the original csv file that has my data and the dat file
that I obtained from the csv file using the impexc2bd command.

I run my estimation using the following steps:
1. Load data
- load('C:\Users\Adminuser\Desktop\TEST\Alice\AliceGROCERleftIrightP.dat')
2. nb_states = 3
3. switch_var = 3
4. var_opt = 3
5. r=ms_var('all',1,['l';'r'],nb_states,switch_var,var_opt,'prt=initial;final','opt_convg=0')

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Deb