[Scilab-users] Fwd: How to get fjac from lsqrsolve

Pablo Caron pablo.caron at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 16:18:49 CEST 2015

Dear user group,

I need to extract the Jacobian from the lsqrsolve function. The fortran
routine lmdif (http://www.netlib.org/minpack/lmdif.f) provide this as the
output fjac, but lsqrsolve does not have this option.

I need to evaluate the goodness of a regression I made using lsqrsolve and
I found that this is done through the correlation matrix. I need either the
correlation matrix or the jacobian.

I would like to get an output similar to the following

Final set of parameters Asymptotic Standard Error
m = 0.174844            +/- 0.0002964 (0.1695%)
b = 1506.34             +/- 5.756 (0.3821%)

correlation matrix of the fit parameters:
       m     b
m  1.000
b -0.448 1.000

Regards