[Scilab-users] Phase shift and step size - electrical (XCOS)

Michael J McCann mjmccann at ieee.org
Sat Apr 2 15:49:21 CEST 2016

I mostly use Matlab and Simulink or my own software but I can see that
in Xcos I can define parameters that control parameters  inside the
blocks.   The Simulation menu item in Xcos has the option to define the
integration method and there are some choices you can make about maximum
stepsize for Runge Kutta, which is basically a fixed step approach but
they may be embedding it in a variable step size environment so it will
make adjustments (to smaller steps). There is within the [Simulation]
item a [Set Context] option that allows you to deliver numeric values
into the simulation as well. Also, I suspect that if you specify a clock
to drive the sampling of a "scope" you can implicitly define a maximum
step size.
With regard to the operations of multiply and divide I'd say "be
careful" because a division is a strange thing to have in a real
physical system so I'd be looking at your understanding of the system
you were modelling and ask why it appears at all.
Hope this helps
Mike McCann
www.mccannscience.com/mcsimapn.htm

> Could you help with Singularity in a block either? If I use mathematical
> operator : multiplication
> <http://mailinglists.scilab.org/file/n4033886/2016-04-01_20_35_15-Palette_browser_-_Xcos.jpg>
> I am getting error : Singularity in a block. But if I use instead this one
> <http://mailinglists.scilab.org/file/n4033886/2016-04-01_20_36_04-Palette_browser_-_Xcos.jpg>
> I am not longer getting singularity problem. Is there some workaround for
> division block ? I tried to use PROD_f with u^-1 or 1/u but nothing works. I
> really need it
>
> Thanks !

Dr.M.J.McCann,MJMcCann-Consulting