[Scilab-users] What is the future of Scilab?

AlvaroOsvaldo lambdasoftware at yahoo.es
Wed Feb 17 01:23:14 CET 2016

I am worried, in previous versions of scilab, I implemented a medium project
for scientific computing with scilab at that time had many memory leaks and
had been a nightmare.With the new updates that was fixed and this much
better. But now I am implementing another project involving massive image
processing.And the three atoms for this, one does not work, one does not
load images but the manual says they can do, and other charges but leak the
computer's memory and it took me longer skirting the problem than
implementing the solution. And worse, because this the system is much slower
than it should.This atom memory failure it has been known, however, despite
it make impraticable to use the atom for medium and large projects, makes
three years that no one gets the
bug.forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/IPD/issues/992/There are high expectations
with Scilab 6 and I believe we will have a much better platform. But for
what you know, in the meantime we will run out of many atoms, and this
greatly reduces the possibility of working in scilab.What is the future of
Scilab?For now, the impression I have is that the atoms are abandoned and
without the atoms the usefulness of scilab is reduced a lot.