[Scilab-users] matrix of combinations

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Thu Jun 9 18:10:36 CEST 2016

Hello Paul,

Le 09/06/2016 17:28, Carrico, Paul a écrit :

> Dear all
>
> (not sure to really master the topic but …)
>
> In my current study, I’ve 16 variables that I would like to perturbate
> 10 times ; of course each variable is different from the others.
>
> A1 = 10 + 2*rand(10,1,”uniform”)
>
> A2 = 5 + 0.5*rand(10,1,”uniform”)
>

> A16 = 0.2 +0.01**rand(10,1,”uniform”)
>
> Except if I’m mistaken, I’ve about 16^10=1E12 combinations that is a
> (16xn) huge matrix M (n greater than 6E10) : how can I create such
> matrix ?

It depends how you build a sample: is a sample a {A1(i), A2(j),.......,
A16(x)} set?
Then, there are 10^16 possibilities.
You can build them with ndgrid(), provided that you have hexabytes of
RAM, (really) many processors, and of course Scilab 6. Do you? :)
Or you may have a look at DOE theory, and tools:
https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/scidoe

BR
Samuel