[Scilab-users] Scilab 6 Release

A Khorshidi akhorshidi at live.com
Sat Feb 18 06:24:04 CET 2017

yanndebray wrote
> Dear Scilab users,
>
> We are very happy to announce the release of Scilab 6.0.0.
>
> The Scilab Team invested significant development efforts for the past
> years in order to release Scilab 6.
> The goal with Scilab 6 is to address technological evolutions and new
> needs in terms of modeling and simulation from the scientific &
> engineering community.
> This led our team to completely redevelop the computation core of Scilab
> in order to build a solid base combining performance and evolutivity.
> The new aspects of Scilab 6 worth notifying are the following:
>
>   * New language parser & new core,
>   * New utilities for development productivity,
>   * Xcos block diagram improvement,
>   * Newsfeed - a communication channel with the users
>
> Download it on Scilab.org <http://www.scilab.org/>
>
> Scientifically yours
>
> --
>
> The Scilab Team

Hello all.

Month after month we expected to hear the release of the 6th version. But
now, we had gone from no news to good news.
We all know it wasn't as easy as it looked. So my warmest thanks to all the
folks who engaged to make Scilab fresher and stronger.
I wanna take my hat off to them all right here. :-)

I was wondering what happened to the object-oriented programming paradigm
which has been promised for Scilab 6?
Will our wish really be fulfilled?

Merci
Mehran