[Scilab-users] Non rectangular contour plot

Max Rossi mrscilab at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 00:25:46 CET 2017

Hi all,

I'm trying to plot in Scilab the surface error of different non rectangular
panels (see attachments).
At a certain point of my code, everything is turned into nice XYZ data but
the only way I found to plot the data is to generate a grid and fit the Z
above it as follows:

        tl_coef = cshep2d(XYZ);
        xpx = round((max(X)-min(X))/pix_size);
        ypx = round((max(Y)-min(Y))/pix_size);
        vx = linspace(min(X),max(X),xpx);
        vy = linspace(min(Y),max(Y),ypx);
        [Xg,Yg] = ndgrid(vx,vy);
        map1 = eval_cshep2d(Xg,Yg, tl_coef);

When the panel is not rectangular or circular I'm in trouble assigning %nan
to points that are inside the grid but outside the panel XY measured
locations.
Is there any smart way to manage the problem?

Thanks!
Max

B1-R1_558_pts.png
<http://mailinglists.scilab.org/file/n4035420/B1-R1_558_pts.png>