[Scilab-users] Scilab 6 problem with "Prettify"

Claus Futtrup cfuttrup at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 21:33:22 CEST 2017

Hi there

I've started to use the prettify functions by Pierre Vuillemin. So far
so good in Scilab 5.5

Now I've started to look into Scilab 6 (not least because graphics is
much faster), but I get a weird error.

If I start Scilab, first time I execute the code, I get an "Invalid
buffer." message.

Second time I execute the code then I get a bad message:

--> exec('C:\Users\claus\Documents\Scilab54\z3mfit.sce', -1)
at line    93 of executed file C:\Users\claus\Documents\Scilab54\z3mfit.sce

                             'labels_font_size'  ,  3,...
                             ^^
Error: syntax error, unexpected "'", expecting "," or )

When I run my script, the first thing my code does - it clears all
variables, all graphics and clears console, so it's not "old" stuff from
previous run that is the problem. Or ???

The "line 93" is part of the default options in Prettify, where it says
labels_font_size. It looks like this:

default_options  =  struct('title_font_size'    ,   4,...
                          'labels_font_size'   ,   3,...
                          'thicks_font_size'   ,   2,...
                          'num_format'         ,   '',...
                          'leg_font_size'      ,   3,...
                          'line_thickness'     ,   2,...
                          'xstring_font_size'  ,   2)

Can anyone spot, what is the problem?

P.S. This part of the code is in a section that is controlled by an
if-statement, and even if I make sure the condition is false (so that
the Prettify code is not executed), Scilab still spits out this error.
It's really weird - and even weirder it doesn't get the error the first
time that the code is executed.

P.S. My entire code is ca. 915 lines long + requires input data, so I
prefer not to attach it to a post here in the mailing list.

Best regards,

Claus