[Scilab-users] macOs High Sierra

Clément David Clement.David at esi-group.com
Tue Feb 6 17:28:03 CET 2018

Hello Philippe,

Not really a technical point, but about your comment on :

> I am very disappointed that the owner (scilab enterprises) of a great application like scilab did
> not succeeded to maintain a working version of the application.

As you may probably know, free software is a hard business and most of the Scilab team employees are
 currently providing support and services around the software for customers. The Windows and Linux
builds (from the CI on build.scilab.org) are used daily by the team and are improving from commits
to commits and, thanks to the contributors, we also validate the MacOS X version from time to time.

As you noted, your issue appeared after upgrading macOs; please take a look at the existing macOs
Sierra issues and write comment there. If you can contribute, do not hesitate to build Scilab
from source and help us getting a good quality MacOs support.

Thanks,

--
Clément