[Scilab-users] Scilab 6 crashes all the time

Claus Futtrup cfuttrup at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 17:39:25 CET 2018

Hi Samuel

I've used Scilab 5.5 for a long time on my private PC, a Lenovo W530 with 8
Gb RAM and NVidia Graphics (Optimus). Lately my old PC died, so I'm using a
work-PC now, which is weak and basically designed for websurfing and
Microsoft Word documents ... not power-use.

You could be right it's not a Graphics driver ... I mean, how much Graphics
is involved in an instruction in the Scilab console? ... Only a little bit.

To me it happens suddenly and quite randomly, as if Scilab doesn't clean
up, or the machine runs out of RAM (either DRAM or VRAM). My gut feeling is
the crashing is worse if another program is running in parallel (e.g. a web
browser).

Best regards,
Claus