[Scilab-users] From Xcos model to DLL

Q Z qzhong.sjtu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 18:47:02 CEST 2018

Hi Clément,

Thanks for the suggestions! I have tried the code generator in Xcos.
However, it seems the C code was generated to substitute the blocks, but
the code generator cannot handle the I/O blocks and deliver a standalone
executable for real-time control. Also, when I put everything in my model
to a single superblock and tried generating C code for it, the process kept
running for hours without giving any output. I think it may be that my
controller model has too many inputs and layers.

I am trying the RTAI and see if I can move forward with it.

Kind regards,
Qian

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 8:50 AM, Clément David <Clement.David at esi-group.com>
wrote:

> Hello Qian,
>
> The most obvious solution is to use the Tools->Code generator that will
> generate C code for the
> schema (the calls to the simulation functions) and using the simulation
> functions shipped with
> Scilab (and freely available within Scilab source code).
>
> If you want to target a specific hardware, the STM32 toolbox [1] (based on
> the same code generator)
> will let you generate similar C code but optimized and with some blocks
> for hardware support !
>
> [1]: https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/xcos_stm32_toolbox
>
> --
> Clément
>
> Le lundi 02 juillet 2018 à 15:58 -0700, qzhong a écrit :
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I am working on a controller model in Xcos which takes inputs from
> sensors
> > and generates control decisions. The Xcos model has been built and
> compiled
> > with no error. The issue I have is that I need to generate a .dll file
> from
> > the Xcos model and use it in another simulation tool, similar to the
> process
> > done in Simulink by the Real Time Workshop module. I am not quite sure
> > whether similar packages exist for Scilab/Xcos.
> >
> > Does anyone have a similar experience when using Scilab/Xcos? Any
> comments
> > would be much appreciated.
> >
> > Qian
> >

> > --