[Scilab-users] ?==?utf-8?q? Installing Scilab under Linux (Mint?==?utf-8?q? / aka Ubuntu)

Antoine Monmayrant amonmayr at laas.fr
Wed Jul 25 15:13:43 CEST 2018

Hello Claus,

I usually untar the scilab archive in a local folder in my home directory ("~/bin" for example) and I had the path to this folder in my $PATH variable.
To launch scilab, I open a terminal and just type "scilab" (or scilab-cli, or whatever version you want to use).
I don't have fancy integration with the desktop environment, but it works well that way...
Whenever I want to upgrade to a new version, I remove the folder and untar the new scilab version...

Hope it helps,

Antoine