[Scilab-users] Installing Scilab under Linux (Mint / aka Ubuntu)

Claus Futtrup cfuttrup at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 20:01:57 CEST 2018

Hi Antoine and Nikolay

Thank you for your help. I see that the easiest way is, as Antoine
wrote, to execute a shell and execute scilab from the shell (and for
sure, keep the shell open).

I tried to create a desktop "launcher" in Linux Mint, executing a
scilab.sh script and containing 'nohup scilab.sh & disown' ... to
release scilab from the terminal, but at no luck.

I also tried to follow advice from askubuntu (below), including creating
desktop files, etc. (see near the bottom), but still no luck.

Best regards,
Claus